image
15 June

IFAD Launches US$77.4m Project to Boost Productivity and Build Resilience of Small-Scale Farmers in Tanzania by Food Business Africa     TANZANIA – The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have inked a US$77.4 million project aimed to help rural households facing the impacts of climate […]

Read More
image
11 June

Sierra Leone’s Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry Set to Transform Agriculture by Dr. Abubakarr Karim, Acting Minister of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF)   About twelve months ago, the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) embarked on a journey to transform the agriculture sector in line with H.E President Bio’s vision for a sector that attracts […]

Read More
image
30 April

Promoting Sustainable Beekeeping in Mozambique by Marisa C. Rodrigues, Parque Nacional da Gorongosa     Gorongosa National Park in Mozambique has survived many challenges. After decades of war lasting from 1977 to 1992 and the devastation of Cyclone Idai in 2019, Gorongosa Park is reemerging as one of the most biodiverse places on Earth. Dozens of […]

Read More
image
16 April

Meet Africa Biomass Company – Experts in Wood Recycling and Equipment Sales   Africa Biomass Company revolves around the novel concept of grinding up unwanted trees on site in order to create wood chip mulch which can be used in various applications. This process is known as tree or wood recycling. Since 2004, Africa Biomass […]

Read More
image
16 April

Broiler Producer Uses Her Position to Uplift Others by Glenneis Kriel, Farmer’s Weekly   Jo-andra Cloete, who farms in Joostenberg Vlakte near Cape Town, started producing broilers only a few years ago. She is now mentoring over a hundred farmers, whom she supplies with day-old chicks. She spoke to Glenneis Kriel about the growth of […]

Read More
image
16 April

In a Water-Challenged World, Crop Breeders Must Do More Than Go with the Flow by CGIAR Excellence in Breeding (EiB)     With water sources dwindling and harsher climate conditions on the rise, farmers in the developing world need both better crop varieties and improved water management practices. This World Water Day, Gustavo Teixeira, CGIAR Excellence in […]

Read More
image
24 March

Farm In A Box: The Ultimate Guide To Container Farming   When most of us think of farms, the first images that come to mind are usually large, open fields, big blue skies, and rows and rows of corn or wheat. Very few of us think of buildings, and even fewer of us think of […]

Read More
image
19 March

Mitigating Water Quality Challenges in Farming and Agricultural Practices   The production of crops and livestock is highly water intensive and as a result agriculture is the largest water user accounting for nearly 70% of the global water withdrawal, with the remaining 30% consumed by municipal, energy and industrial sectors. The global demand for food […]

Read More
image
18 March

Successful South African Herb Farmer Knows No Boundaries by Duncan Masiwa   Adding value is the way forward in competitive business for Basil Williams (44).     Nestled between the slopes of the Simonsberg mountain in Stellenbosch and the Haweqwa Nature Reserve next to Groenberg, you’ll find the ever busy agripreneur Basil Williams tending to […]

Read More
image
08 February

Fan Milk Plc to Establish Dairy Farm and Training Institute in Nigeria as Part of Backward Integration Program     Fan Milk Plc, Nigerian subsidiary of multinational food-products corporation Danone, has inked a partnership agreement with the government of Ogun state to undertake a backward integration project to enhance local dairy production. The signing ceremony […]

Read More